How much time do you dedicate to yourself? When was the last time you did something you love? Read a good book, had a hot bath or took a nap! Taking time out for ourselves to recharge, relax & rejuvenate is so important. So what are the best ways to be iN TUNE with yourself?
- Meditation/mindfulness + being present– being present allows us to focus on the now + be aware + thus iN TUNE with our thoughts, feelings + behaviours.
- Be grateful– writing or saying 3 things you are grateful for each day to make you more appreciative.
- Keep a diary or journal– writing your thoughts down on a regular basis- venting your frustrations or sharing your accomplishments no matter how small.
- Take quality time out– proper time out with no distractions- phone, email, T.V. etc.
- Sigh– it’s a great way to release tension + tune in with areas of your body that might be tight.
- Mindful eating– being conscious about what you’re eating, how it smells + tastes + how you’re eating- pausing to enjoy + appreciate it!
- Make time– too often we waste time on things such as social media + make excuses that we “don’t have time” we all have the same amount of time in a day- 24 hours- it’s how we use it that sets us apart.
- Do things you love– once you’ve freed up time (see above) use it to do things you love- cook, read, paint, run, sleep!
- Be bad– instead of trying to always be perfect or scold yourself for being bad- every once in awhile- do something that feels naughty on purpose. Switch off your phone for the day, take a mental health day or stay in your pj’s all day!
- Discover your love language– there are 5 ways to express & feel loved- words of affirmation, physical touch, receiving gifts, quality time or acts of service.
To discover additional ways to be iN TUNE with yourself checkout iN TUNE Wellbeing Programs.